I. General provisions
2. The administrator of the personal data is the University of Life Sciences in Lublin with its registered office at ul. Akademicka 13, NIP: 712-010-37-75, hereinafter referred to as the "Administrator".
3. The processing of personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of generally applicable legal provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC hereinafter referred to as "GDPR".
II. Extent of personal data processing
1. Personal data of the Platform users will be processed to the extent and for the purpose necessary for the efficient functioning of electronic scientific journals, in particular for the purpose of:
a. efficient communication in the editorial process;
b. content editing;
c. creating internal reports and analyses (including subpage visiting statistics, publication readership);
d. sending notifications and information regarding the journal with users' consent;
e. possible fees for access to publications;
f. informing readers about the authorship of texts published on the Platform;
g. indexing published texts and data in databases, catalogs and sites in accordance with the journals' publishing policies.
2. Users registered on the Platform may provide the Administrator with the following data:
• First Name*
• Middle name
• Last Name*
• Password (encrypted)
• ORCiD ID
• Registration date
• Last login date
• Research interests
• Function (role) on the Platform
3. Users registering as readers are required to provide the following information:
• First name
• Last name
• Function (role) on the Platform
4. Users registering as authors in addition to the data specified in Section II.3 are required to provide information about affiliation and country of origin.
5. In case of launching sale of electronic versions of publications on the Platform, users interested in this service may provide the Administrator with additional data regarding the choice of payment channel and bank account number.
6. Providing personal data is:
a. voluntary when using the content of open access journals deposited on the Platform
b. a requirement if you want to participate in the electronic publishing process, including:
1. depositing texts for publication with authors' rights
2. performing work related to the functions of: editor, section editor, technical editor, reviewer, DTP specialist, indexer, proofreader, journal manager, subscription manager, marketing manager
3. creating an account with reader's rights to receive information from the publisher and editors about newly published issues and articles.
7. Personal data of participants in the electronic editorial process, including authors of publications, editors, reviewers, in accordance with Art. 89 of the GDPR will be processed for scientific and statistical purposes throughout the period of availability of electronic versions of the journal. It is considered a scientific purpose to archive articles and metadata, make them available, index them, and submit them for indexing in databases, catalogs, and scientific sites.
8. Personal data of potential authors whose texts were not accepted for publication may be deleted by the Administrator after 2 years from the editorial team's decision of non-publication.
9. The personal data of users with reader's rights may be deleted by the Administrator at any time upon prior request of the user.
III. User rights
1. Each user registered on the Platform has the rights specified in Art. 15-21 of the GDPR, which may be used subject to the conditions specified in the aforementioned provisions:
a. Right of access to data,
b. Right to rectification,
c. Right to be forgotten,
d. Right to restrict processing,
e. Right to data portability,
f. Right to lodge an objection.
2. The user has the right to edit his/her account and to change the previously provided data, with the exception of the system login. From the application, the user at any time can cancel the consent to receive information from the publishers and editorial team of the journals on the Platform.
3. Exercise of the rights specified in Section III.1 takes place after prior notification to the Administrator by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IV. Administrator rights
1. The administrator reserves the right to process users' data after the cancellation of consent only for the purpose of asserting possible claims in court or if national or EU regulations or international law oblige him to retain the data.
2. The administrator is entitled to share user's data with entities authorized under applicable law.
3. The administrator may use the services of other processing entities on the basis of the written consent given to them and the conditions specified in Art. 28 of the GDPR.
4. Data may be transferred:
a. processors in connection with the Platform's administration and technical support service;
b. publishers of analytical systems Google Analitycs, AddThis
c. publishers of databases and indexing catalogs:
4. Google Scholar
6. Crossref Metadata Search
d. entities or bodies authorized under the law.
V. Securing personal data
Platform encrypted using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol. Passwords entered by users are encrypted. Passwords are secret and confidential. Do not share your password or login with anyone.